Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

Tilly- Pride

 Wow! We are halfway through finishing our show and it feels so good. It is crazy to see the play I wrote, go from paper to the stage. It is most amazing and the scariest thing I have done so far. For me, it feels as though I am revealing a part of myself. I reveal a glimpse of myself in each character. Reveal a glimpse of my world with every interaction the character’s have. But I am learning as we continue this process is seeing pieces of my creative team put pieces of themselves into it as well. Seeing the director bringing this one act to life and seeing the colors, sounds and actions being put in place with such care is exciting. Plus, the actors putting a face to the characters is so stunning because it is beyond what I imagined. Each one of us loves and respects each other's artwork. Even though the Tilly will be more or less 10 minutes, the care put in place is worth the ten minutes to watch. I can’t wait for the audience to see it and maybe see little pieces of themselves as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment