Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

Paedon the Bear- The Play with the Stuffed Animal in it

 The more I write these blog posts the more I realize that...

The name of the play is long.

The Rehearsal process is not.

As we go further and further into blocking, into creating the visual aesthetic of the show, I am more and more thankful for the wonderful actors involved.

Seriously, the fact that they have questions and ideas for my script feels so freeing as a playwright.

Normally we let our plays go and wonder how the world looks at them. 

Yet, I have had the privilege to witness the process for myself, and my goodness it is helpful.  I look at the characters differently and the script feels like it is springing to life. 

Also being in a creative space always sparks more creativity. It is necessary to surround yourself with people who input new ideas into the world, breathing life into words that we usually use our inner reader to acknowledge. The beauty of theatre is illustrated in moments of collaboration. 

...A bit sappy, I'll admit that.

I'm always excited to see what comes next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment