Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

Off Book with Paedon - The Play With The Stuffed Animal In It

Monday was off book day! I was very impressed with Abby and how little she called for line. Since Kane will be recording he doesn’t have as strict memorization expectations but both did a great job at running it smoothly. We were on the main stage and had opportunity to finally work with the bench we will be using for filming.

     Wednesday we had another rehearsal where Liz came and sat in to see a run of the show. It was good to have her there as I think it showed me how ready the actors were for performing this and what needed working on. There’s a section I was struggling to figure out as I want the visual experience to match the story we are sharing. We also worked with the real Paedon bear on Wednesday as Libby was finished working with him. He looks so creepy and terrible in the best way possible. Libby really went above and beyond and did an amazing job with the bear and creating something that would bring the eerieness to the show. The actors were very impressed and slightly scared of the bear. It is starting to finally come together as we see these pieces join the rehearsals. 

     Today we had our production meeting and discussed the logistics of audio recording and filming. This whole process has been a bit stressful in trying to make the production look good and work within the confinement’s that we currently are in. Yes, I am extremely grateful to be directing and working in theatre during this time in any capacity, but I can see and safely say that we are all burnt out on the covid accommodations. This show is really going to turn out to be amazing, I can see that now even before we film. The amount of heart put into this department and this production continuous to blow me away and I am so blessed to be a part of it.



Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment