Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

Tilly: Time and Money

 Hi y'all,

This week was a productive and exciting week, but also the eerie reminder that theatre moves fast. In all theatre, no matter what type, there seems to never be enough time or money to accomplish all of your hopes and dreams, yet somehow the dreams still morph into a tangible real-life thing. This was the week I could feel the impending deadline coming up while still feeling the growth and magic of the show. The actors are fantastic! They are doing the work expected outside of rehearsal and always ready to roll with the punches as discoveries are made and changes happen. The run throughs have really solidified that my concept feels to be coming to life as the little moments spark responses from myself and Tess (writer/ASM extraordinaire) even with our many times of watching. 

One of the bonuses of this week was having our professor Liz Helman come and sit in on one of the run throughs. A fresh pair of eyes allowed for a problem I'd been noticing, but couldn't quite put my nose on, be brainstormed differently, adding a lovely layer to the production. The collaborative nature of theatre is just what I needed in the midst of a long pandemic, stressful end of year, and just a new adjustment time in my life. The help from Liz, the people working this show in general, and my actors remind me why I love the creative elements of production. The way to solve puzzle pieces and tell a story. There isn't more I could ask for. While the filming date seems to approach quickly, I know that we're going to do the thing and tell a pretty great story from it. Signing off similarly to my first blog I can't wait to keep making some art. 

Talk to you all next week!

Haille Lantz

No comments:

Post a Comment