Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2021

The Filming of Fetch

Well, we’ve filmed! Our show was the first to film, the beginning of the filming day was working around the technicals aspects, which luckily there weren’t too many. I got there early and helped make the stage what I had envisioned- it was nice to see it all together! When the actors arrived, I had them run through it once and gave my last few final notes. The biggest thing to pay attention to was the prop movement, but it wasn’t a big concern. 

Then the actors went into the costume shop to get ready. I’m not going to lie, the best part of the day was seeing them all in their own costumes, complete with the makeup, as we hadn’t seen that yet. They all looked great, and it helped bring life to the stage. When they were ready, we had them one by one go through and say their lines with the tracks in their ears. After working out the technical issues with the earpieces, it actually went very smoothly, and we were done filming in two hours- which was great. 


I received the rough-cut shortly after, and it only had a few moments where things weren’t lined up perfectly. That was to be expected though, and it was incredible to see two people acting on-screen together knowing they only filmed one person at a time. I can’t wait to see the other director’s shows and how they all came together- if mine looks the way it does, I’m sure theirs are also going to look great. While this may not be the most ideal way to do theatre, it’s exciting to be able to see actor’s faces and tell a story in some way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment