Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Filming Fetch!

 What a journey, I mean this was just amazing to see everything start to finish. It was bittersweet to film the show and see it all finally come to a beautiful finished picture, but also having to retire the script for now. Seeing words that came out of my mind not only said allowed but performed with passion and talent from our amazing actors under the direction of the wonderful Lorna Baxter, it was for lack of better word, insane. 

The rehearsal process as a writer was already fairly hands off, only really making script tweaks here and there and keeping track of each rehearsals progression through the rehearsal reports. Filming was very hands off, I basically just got to sit back and watch the actors do their magic. We did run into some technical difficulties but the actors were absolute champions when it came to filming.

I was nervous going in about what the mode of filming would be like, not being able to have any two actors on the stage at the same time without a mask, but I think they did fairly well! We luckily caught some timing issues just from listening to the one person who was filming at the time.

I LOVED the costuming, especially for Queenie (Leah). All the actors looked absolutely adorable. I don't know if it was really what was in my head, or what my idea even was, but I thought they were wonderful nonetheless.

Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment