Pages

Friday, April 16, 2021

Tilly- Art in Motion

 Hi again! Now that Tilly has been written and pretty much finalized, it is now being read out loud by folks that I do not know or barely know. We have had our auditions and have chosen our cast. We have a talented group that was well chosen by the director. We had our first read through with the whole company and I felt so exposed. I am a private person. More so now with Covid and not needing to communicate as often as I use to. I don't talk much unless asked. I am not much of a writer except for this year. I usually keep my thoughts and ideas to myself. But, I do have a passion for the art of theatre, and this is what it is all about, expressing and exposing yourself. Don't get me wrong I have acted in plays, I have directed plays and you always expose yourself just a little bit, but I have never exposed myself in this fashion. The anxiety I feel is the healthiest form I can think of because I know I am trying something new and putting myself out there. I know I can only grow from this experience. Now that the writing is all done. I am excited to see what each actor is going to take from their character, and how they will present their character. It is fascinating to witness it from the author's perspective. I feel confident in our little team to produce something that is entertaining and heartfelt for our audience. Let the work begin.

(Shy Tilly)

No comments:

Post a Comment