Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Play With the Stuffed Animal in it: Anticipation after Casting

 Another week, another blog post and another step in the right direction for the One Acts Festival 2021.

As someone who is still new to the Theatre Department at Oregon State University, I find myself constantly amazed by the multitude of people who dedicate their time to producing art.

I find myself constantly grateful for the respect, admiration, and love that my fellow classmates have for this festival. 

I just wanted to take a quick moment to say one big thank you to everyone in the OSU Theatre Department.

 Now, I bet you're wondering,  where are we at this week?

Well, auditions have occurred, casting has been done, and scheduling is in the works. I wish I had a bit more to offer in regards to my personal contribution, but this week is truly a directors week (don't worry though, there is still much more for me to do!).

However, being able to put faces to the characters has helped create a solid visualization of where I want this show to go.

I want it to be fun for everyone involved.

I want it to be a little creepy.

I want it to be a collaborative experience.

Edits will still come by and working with the actors and my director will help bring my play to its full potential.

I'm excited to see what comes next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment