Pages

Monday, April 12, 2021

Creating "A Helping Hand"

 

Hi everyone!

My name is Taylor Stageberg, and I wrote the piece “A Helping Hand” being directed by Nich Svodoba for this year’s one act festival. The beginning of this project has been exciting, even though this isn’t my first time writing a piece, it’s the first time where I get to be a part of the production process- so I’m pumped for the next 8-10 weeks. The directors presented their design concepts for the show and we will be casting soon so it’ll be nice to finally begin to mold this lump of clay of a show! Writing this show has been a process for me because it touches on the difficult subjects of addiction and recovery, which I don’t want to make light of, but I wanted to display a more uplifting scenario of to show compassion towards those who have had experiences with this process. I wanted to create a piece that shows that even in some of the darkest and loneliest moments a light can shine through. I’m so grateful to this department and the people involved for not only the chance to do this, but for pushing through during a difficult time and still finding a way to create art when resources are so limited. I’ve never had so much trust in a team and I’m truly thrilled to see what we produce this term!

No comments:

Post a Comment