Pages

Monday, April 12, 2021

Directing- The Play With The Stuffed Animal In It


Hello, I thought I'd start by introducing myself. I’m Hannah Schwartz, a third year Theatre major and I am directing the one act written by Abrianna (AB) Feinauer, “The Play With the Stuffed Animal In It.” 

I have been very involved in the department in the past few years, especially throughout this pandemic and I am so excited to be a part of directing the Spring One Act festival once again this year! Last year I directed the radio play "Idiot Hill" by Sophie Brown. While that was also an amazing experience, with the limits and constraints that came from the pandemic and being a radio play, it was a different kind of challenge compared to what this show will bring. I am nervous but so ready to begin this process and find ways to tackle any problems or issues that may arise. I am so grateful for the experience and hope to create something that everyone, especially AB, is proud of.

 I am excited going into auditions to see who will come in and what each individual can bring to the table. ForThe Play With The Stuffed Animal In It,” we are casting one male presenting and one female presenting individual that will play Rue and Paedon. This play is one of many twists and turns and captures the audience's attention with its Ted-like humor and Twilight Zone style twists. I will include my concept presentation here in what I was envisioning. 

I also was inspired by the other directors to create my own playlist inspired by the show I’m directing. I want to convey comfort within the loneliness and eeriness of this alternate realm we are taken to with Paedon and Rue. 

The songs would include: 

The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine (Anymore) - Frankie Valli 

Aint No Sunshine - Bill Withers

I’m really excited to get this process started and to see what we can do with the script as well as what we can make work within covid protocols.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment