Pages

Friday, May 24, 2019

The Guardian: Company Runthroughs

It's one thing to run through your play when you're just working with your crew, and then it's an entirely different thing to run it in front of an audience of your fellow peers. I was nervous for how well Chloe and Keanu would fair with remembering their lines and blocking performing in front of a new audience, and I was pleasantly surprised with how well they did. Of course there were little bobbles and mistakes, but these run throughs are for the actors to make those mistakes and correct them for tech and dress rehearsals.

I'm happy with the changes we've made with the set. Not having all the extra scenery definitely provides both actors a lot more room to breath and move around, and allowing Keanu to dip and out of the curtains looks really cool. I'm very excited to see how the lighting will end up shaping the atmosphere. I know Nate wants there to be these long, dramatic shadows all around, and I don't think they will be able to make that happen, but I very much enjoy the mental image of it.

I'm fairly nervous about tech tomorrow. This play was without a doubt the most technically-challenging play of the whole show, so it's going to take a while to get through everything. I don't envy the tech crew and am very grateful for the work they've been putting in already to make this play come to life. I think whatever they do is going to be fantastic, and finally being able to hear the voiceover work with the rest of the actors is going to be a big moment. Fingers crossed we don't have too much to tweak and the rehearsals this weekend end up going smoothly and swiftly.

No comments:

Post a Comment