Pages

Friday, May 24, 2019

Company Runs! Sasquatch


We have just finished a week of company runs and I could not be happier. My cast has really done an amazing job with the direction we have gave them. Everyone watching seemed to respond positively to the show as well. We got way more laughs and reactions then I thought we would get. It is always an amazing feeling to get a reaction in a place you were not expecting it. I went home Monday and Wednesday night feeling really proud. Everyone in both panels have worked hard for this moment and it’s wonderful to see it be put so beautifully together. It was so amazing to see the other directors work come to life and see how proud it made them. One of the best parts of this festival is sharing the stage with other amazing shows.

Getting all my props together was a big challenge this week. I didn’t have everything at the theatre until Wednesdays run through and that was stressful. Now that I have everything there, ready to be used, I feel a lot better.

We are moving into tech week tomorrow! We have a half day of tech to add in all the lights and sounds of our shows! Next come costumes and then before we know it, it will be opening night. This is the time where the show really comes to life. Each element adds more and more until you have the show that was in your head for months, right in front of your eyes.

Bring on tech weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment