Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sasquatch First Read Through

This week we had our concept presentation and our first read through with the cast! Amy did a great job showcasing the concept of Sasquatch through our presentation. Although the play involves adventures and folklore, the true message is about family. Overall, it should be a feel-good play that displays how broken families (through divorce) can still be whole. The characters in the play are all based off real members of my family, so I helped Amy to gain some inspiration about their wardrobes by sharing pictures with her. I absolutely love the outfits that Amy chose for each character in her presentation. I think that the wardrobe will really help get across who each of these characters are and the roles that they play within the family dynamic. We also had our first read through this week. It was so nice to sit down with the cast and get started. I absolutely love the energy that each actor brought to the read through, so I am feeling excited about seeing them up on stage. At the read through I was able to give each actor a deeper description of the character that they will be playing, and I think they took that knowledge and really translated it into the reading. Overall, I am feeling great about this play and I am excited to start regular rehearsals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment