Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

The Golden Raspberry: First Read Through

This week, we had our first read through and our first rehearsal. It was really interesting seeing all the different dynamics the four actors bring to the table! There was stuff that I didn't realize I want until we had the read through. They really inspired me to explore the aspects I didn't expect before. All of them brought so much life in the character and there was a moment when we all are laughing so hard at the jokes because it feels so real.

We also had our first rehearsal yesterday. Scheduling is actually pretty hard! It's almost impossible to find times that work for all 6 people on the weekdays. What I ended up doing, since Jack's character doesn't enter till the second half, is that I only called in 3 actors yesterday for the first rehearsal.  All three actor came in with some great choice! Matt has some great comedic timing and I can't wait to work with him more to see what we can do! Speaking of physical comedy, I am actually a bit concerned about the stage combat since I have never choreographed a fight before. But I'm definitely going to look more into it and explore more! I'm also a bit concerned about being micromanaging. Sometimes I have expectations of how I want the scene to be, which is different from the actors' choices. So I'm being careful to not come off as "bossy" but to explore multiple options with the actors till we all feel it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment