Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

Picking Faces: One Act Auditions

One of the more exciting things that happened this week was the casting of Put On a Happy Face. I have to admit, when not as many people as I thought showed up I was starting to get worried. While there was a lot of talent, having good actors versus having actors who best fit the roles is different, and having to negotiate between six other plays on who you wanted was a bit nerve wracking.

Despite this, casting went rather smoothly. I enjoyed watching the auditions from the "other side," and was entertained for the couple days we watched. I was thankful that my director Sam and I were on the same page for what we wanted to see and who we would eventually try to cast. Putting in my input, I left Sam to do the rest and hoped for the best. I was pleasantly surprised to hear we got all of our first or second picks Wednesday, and breathed a small sigh of relief things went the way I wanted them to.

Now, the last part of the heavy lifting on my end is coming. After making one final draft, most of my work I'm guessing will be more of an advisory position. Like I said before, it's weird watching something you've written go beyond your control and letting it become what someone else wants, but it is going to be fun watching the entire process go, even if I'm sort of on the sidelines. I'm looking forward to our first rehearsal!

No comments:

Post a Comment