Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

Auditions for A Curious Series of Small Murders

Auditions have come and gone, and as always it is interesting to see what every person auditioning brings to the table.  When heading into auditions, I had a vague and basic idea of what I was looking for, but after having my expectations flipped on their heads when casting last year's one-acts, I knew to keep and open mind and not hold my expectations too high up.  And with only two characters to cast, I knew I needed to take every audition into consideration.

The first role I cast, Doctor Ford, was the easiest.  While there were some good actors who auditioned the first night, the second night of auditions brought me my Ford.  The second Michael walked into the room and introduced himself, I liked his energy.  Appearence-wise he was exactly what AJ and I had both been thinking for the character, and between his spirit and audition he seemed like someone I really wanted to work with.  We'll see how it goes, but I have a really good feeling about it.

The next role was Detective LeBlanc.  This character was much more open as I was looking for an actor of any gender.  I had ideas of what I wanted to see, and I saw that in a lot of people.  Once again, a lot of great actors the first night, but I was still missing that Something that I couldn't put my finger on.  And then, once again, on the second night I saw what I wanted.  Seeing Isabel walk in and audition, I was sparked with inspiration for creating a LeBlanc that is much different than the original version I had for them.

All in all I'm incredibly excited to get to work with rehearsals this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment