Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

Auditions: Casting Sasquatch


Auditions for the Spring One-Acts have come and gone. I could not be happier with the group of amazing people I have chosen to be my actors. I was a little nervous when night one came and there was a small turn out. Putting that aside, the first night went great! The people who auditioned had a lot of good energy and showed us that they really wanted to be in a show. Night two brought more people and more energy!

When I was thinking about what I wanted to see in the audition process, I thought a lot about chemistry. The cast of the show is a family that has been through a lot together and I wanted a group of people that I knew could get us there. One of my sides was a fight scene between Ben and Ariana, the mom and dad. I had Josh and Hannah read for that to see how they were together, and I just said: "Yes!" They were perfect, and I am so excited to have them as my Ben and Ariana.

Marty, Zielle, and Leach had the exact energy I wanted for the kids. I did not have as strong of an idea of how I wanted the kids to be as I did Ben and Ariana. I wanted to see what others chose to do and I formulated what I wanted for Matt, Lily, and Sadie based off that. I think the three of them will be so cute as siblings and bring that chemistry I that I want. It was fun to watch how everyone played the different kids. Even some of the men who had to play Ariana, Lily, and Sadie were so great and so, so funny. After auditions, Lucy and I cast the show and I could not believe how lucky we got.


After this week, I am very excited! I just want to get the process going and have rehearsals, but before that, we must give our concept presentations. I have so many ideas that I can't wait to share! This process is going to be so fun and I can't wait to see what our wonderful cast will bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment