Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

A Curious Series of Small Murders, the case opens.

A perfect afternoon.  The sun is out, the air is warm, the wind is blowing just enough to be refreshing.  What better way to spend it than with the crew of A Curious Series of Small Murders?  I gathered my playwright and my actors for our first time meeting together this past Wednesday for our first read through, and it couldn't have gone better!  The space we were intending on using was taken, so we ended up doing our reading outside.  I feel like using the open air will play a factor in at least a couple of our rehearsals to help my actors with their projecting, but at least I know that early on.

Both of my actors were on time, a great sign for making a first impression, and they both got their first full glance at the final script.  I was able to give them my primary ideas for the direction I plan to take the show, and Michael was very excited at the prospect of having age makeup done.  A minor line edit was made, but I think it will be beneficial in the long run.

We split ways after about half an hour, my actors with their scripts and myself with ideas flowing at the speed of sound.  I look forward to beginning the rehearsal process in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment