Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2019

The Guardian: Conceptualization

So, the biggest things this week were doing the concept presentation and starting scheduling rehearsals, the latter of which turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. I had to make the schedule three times because people either had conflicts they didn't list properly, didn't know about, or that I was initially unaware of. It's fine now, and we have everything sorted out, but damn if I didn't let it stress me out a bit more than I should have.

So, we've got the first read-thru this week, and then a few rehearsals next week. We're a little limited because Keanu is gone from May 2nd to May 10th, which means no Beschut at rehearsal for a little over a week! But, I've managed to make it work. During the time that Keanu is gone, I will schedule the voice-over session for Adam and Josh, and then I can also have some rehearsals that just focus on Ren. My final off-book dates correspond to around the same time that Keanu gets back, so I can be sure he'll use his vacation time effectively, too. We'll probably have to have multiple voice-over sessions, because Adam's, Josh's, and my schedules don't line up super well, and that's on top of the fact that the recording studio has its own hours as well. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

The concept presentation was very good, though. The concept statement I've settled on is: "The Guardian is an ineffable shroud that has already fallen." Doing the presentation really helped me put all of the ideas I was thinking about for the show into words; it helped me express and quantify what exactly I want for this show for myself just as much as it did for the designers.

I'm really excited to start rehearsals and to begin working on the technical stuff with the crew and the designers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment