Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

A Snappy Concept

Blog number three, not doing too shabby, eh?

And yes, for those of you are wondering, my titles will continue to be puns on the name of my play, because I love me some puns. But that's beside the point.

This week has been pretty slow, not a whole lot to report other than MACK'S AWESOME CONCEPT PRESENTATION. Pardon the all caps, I know they're a bit aggressive, but I am way beyond stoked. This next bit is for those of you who don't know Mack (my director). Just in case he's going to play the humility card in his blog, I'm going to brag on him for a minute. So, Mack is an awesome director (obviously) but he is also an amazing sound designer. Over the winter he designed the soundscape for the lab show Nightfall with Edgar Allan Poe. Let me tell you, that soundscape was phenomenal. Knock your socks clean off, phenomenal.

Unfortunately, as it were, The Three Snap Shoe Swap is real light on the sound effects. And that's great for the One Acts Festival because there are so many shows, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed for Mack. I imagine he would have had a lot of fun working soundscape ideas into his concept presentation. However, he did show me some intro and exit music for the show and I'm really jazzed about it. I often joke that I'm music illiterate because of my lack of familiarization with bands such as The Beatles, Bon Jovie, Queen and many many more that make my friends ask which particular rock I was raised under. So, if you can trust my opinion, these are very cool songs that capture the themes in Three Snap, and I'd expect nothing less from the sound expert himself.

I think I've digressed. My point? I lost my point.

Ah, yes, found it. What to take away from this post.

1. Mack had a kick butt concept presentation

2. His music choices, along with his set and costume ideas were on point

3. We're revving up to get this show on the road

Gee, thanks for sticking with me through those derailed trains of thought.

Hope your day is swell.

Sincerely,

A scatter-brained playwright

No comments:

Post a Comment