Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Monday

Here we are, finally approaching opening night. I've been pondering whether this journey has been short or long and I think I've decided it all definitely happened within a fixed period of time. Long nights, fast weeks. It's all quite surreal. But I couldn't be happier with the way things are turning out. My little creation has finally become a full-fledged production, complete with set, costumes, and wonderful actors to bring these characters. I'll admit, I wasn't sure people would be interested in the play. I mean, I like the play and my mom said she likes the play (even though she's never read it). But I was given the opportunity to see it staged and I can never fully express my gratitude for that. And now it's all really happening. After weeks of waiting and preparing, we're down to the final dress rehearsal. Bah! I must admit, I myself am a little nervous. Mostly because they took a head shot of me that will be hung up as well, letting everyone know I'm the writer. So I can't hide. But I suppose it had to happen. I have only high hopes for the coming days!

Toodles,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment