Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Cheep Cheep 6

Hello friends! Alex here.

Tonight we had our second to last dress rehearsal, and let me tell you, the show is really coming together! I'm really inspired by how some of the actors are really coming into their own, and found myself laughing at parts I which I hadn't expected to.

The funniest moment of the night was when one actress asked me if she could do her hair in a certain way. I said: "Go for it, anything you want," and she came up with some fantastic frizzy mess that was appropriate for her eccentric character. At first I was slight skeptical, but Joseph loved it so I came around. A tip for future directors: sometimes actors can come up with really worthwhile ideas, and you should encourage them to explore them.

I'm confident that these one acts will pan out great, and I look forward to seeing my cast improve more and more as we finish dress rehearsals and move to performances on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment