Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Cheep Cheep 1

Well here we are again.

"Cheep Cheep" is timeless classic about love, friendship, and the inevitable mortality of man. It's also about people who work at a theme park dressed as chickens. The script itself transcends genre, since it is currently in the revision process. That's all I can say about the script. You should ask Joseph. I would give you his phone number but I'm worried about the terrorists.

A little about myself. My name is Alex Ries. I have directed a One Act at Oregon State before. I think it was a good show. I asked my Mom what she thought and she said I had done a really great job in spite of everything sweetie, so I think it went pretty well.

After that I went into film, directing professional projects such as this short from German 111.
Last year we won the academy award for "Best foreign film about breakfast," so I'm kind of a big deal.

Directing has always be easy for me because I have a huge ego. You don't even have to do anything really. Most days I just watch the actors do things and after a few minutes I throw down my beret and scream something along the lines of "ALL OF THIS IS GARBAGE" and then leave. After a few months of that, kaboom, you have a award-winning production that captures the essence of human experience.

But back to what's really important. The chicken suits. I'm conflicted. I don't know whether or not I want the actors to be completely concealed, their faces blocked by giant beaks, or to cut a small hole for their mouths through which they can say their lines and or breath. I'm leaning towards the former. In fact, I think it would benefit the play if the actors were replaced by some sort of robot skeleton that would move the bird suit through the blocking. That would be ideal. However, I feel this may be unrealistic due to budgetary constraints.

Well that's all I have for now. I wish you lots of cluck in your journeys. I'll be here, trying to not go hensane.

No comments:

Post a Comment