Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Caffeine Driven

I'm so excited to be directing an one act once again and I'm very excited to be working with my friend and play write Bryanna Rainwater. Oh, I guess I should say a little about myself. My name is Teri Straley, I'm a senior, and this is my second time directing with OSU. Last year I directed a play called The Merchandise King which was a parody of The Lion King. I had so much fun working with the actors I had, that I'm glad I decided to do it again this term. Theatre has always been a part of life whether I'm dancing on stage, acting, singing, directing or, what I mostly do, backstage help. This year with the OSU Theatre has been a busy one since I have been a part of every show this season. I acted and assistant stage managed/directed in Mother Courage and Her Children, I did props for The Dairy of Anne Frank and now I'm stage managing Dolly West's Kitchen and directing a wonderful play called Caffeinated Crisis.

Caffeinated Crisis is one of the plays that I was wanting to do when I first heard it. I was actually in the play writing courses so I've heard all the plays before and I guess that gave me the advantage but this show is the one that made my mind think about how I could stage it and that it would be a challenge since my last one act didn't require a set and this one has a least three different places. I already have a plan on what I can do and if you want to know then I guess you'll have to see the One Act Festival.

We had auditions for the one acts and I'm very happy with my cast, one of the actors is one that I worked with last year as a director and one I have had the pleasure with knowing since my first acting class and one I've have come to know from her acting showcase last term, and I'm glad to work with them as a director. As always there are those people that, as Liz would say, come out of the woodwork and they surprise you with what they bring to the table, I look forward to working with them.

Now, it's time to work on some costume ideas for the show and all my homework for my other theatre classes. Until next time, remember "Life not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment