Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Almost Crisis Week, Just Stressful

Well, it's been about two weeks since my last post and since then I have met with my cast. I couldn't be happier with who I get to work with this year. They are very enthusiastic about this show and they make me even more excited.

At the read-through, Bry and I were throwing around theatre terms, such as blocking, down stage, etc. And I could tell from the look on two of the actors faces that they had no idea what was going on. The actor who's playing Dutch asked, "So this may sound stupid, but what is blocking?" I thought it was so cute that he didn't know. But he didn't have any theatre experience, so Bry explained to him what it was.

This week has been a stressful one of me. We had rehearsals for Caffeinated Crisis this week plus my rehearsals for Dolly West's Kitchen. It didn't start off bad but just everything I had to do this week added up and just caused me to become frustrated. Sometimes I feel that I stretch myself to thin and that I should stop, but I love what I do. So, lucky I'm surrounded by friends who make me laugh. They've made this week sop much better than it was going and I couldn't thank them enough for it. They just know what to say to make each day better.

So, aside from the stressful week, blocking is going great and we've already come across a problem and fixed it. If i remember last year I didn't move around that space as much, and maybe it was because I didn't have a set last year, but now I move around the space to make sure that what the actors do can be seen from different parts of the audience. I'm really happy this show is coming along and so happy that Dolly West will open soon. That cast is doing so well and I can't wait for people to see their hard work then come to the One Act Festival and see these shows and have some laughs.

Well, that's all for now, it's off to the forest tomorrow. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment