Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hmmm.
Maybe I should have read the other's post before I wrote and put mine in...
Oh well.

So Some information about me.
My name is Abbey Pasquini and I am a senior in the Theatre department. 
I have work in some way or another on almost all the shows put into production since I arrived at this wonderful little theatre. 
I quickly fell in love with light design. 
And was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to actually design for a few shows. 
Yet even though I adored designing and lights, working on the actual shows was something I found great joy in. 
I have been SM (stage manger) or ASM (assistant stage manager) for quite a few productions. 
Thens I was given the opportunity to design costumes after I took the costuming class.
That is one of the things I love about OSU theatre: the teachers want you to do everything. 
They love when you have a passion for what they have a passion for.
They share their time and knowledge generously. 
Then when they think you are ready they give you opportunities to fly.
For example:
I have directed before.
I took the class and put on a little one act.
And then I was asked if I wanted to do a full show for the lab theater.
That day I couldn't stop smiling.
I choose No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.
They let me be the director completely. 
They were their if I need advice but they made it clear right form the beginning that this show was mine.
It went up this weekend. 
This Theatre really is a place where everyone is welcome to come and learn.

Now on to the student written one-act I choose to direct.
Those Who Really Go to the Crossroads By Megan Grassl.
The plays written this year all tend to deals with choices and the results of them.
While each play deals with the topic of choices in unique and interesting ways, I was drawn to Megan's the most.
There is a hope in her play that shines through all the obstacles. 
And yet it leave the reader or audience to make the choice if the hope was real or false.
I love it.
I can't wait to began building it with actors, costumes, a set and (of course) lights.

Roads crossing all over the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment