Pages

Friday, April 9, 2021

Tilly- OSU One Act Spring Festival

 Hello! My name is Tess and I am the writer of Tilly, one of the one act plays being produced this spring. Tilly is about a World War II Soldier that goes on a spiritual world journey guided by the spirit of his dog that helps him make the choice to live or die. The inspiration of this playwright begins with my childhood dog name Tilly. Tilly was like my older sister/best friend. We grew up together. She kept me safe from all harm and I would always sneak her food I didn't like. She was honestly the greatest dog. Sadly, she passed away from old age. My little sister was talking about how she is happy in Heaven now. I instantly thought of what my abuelita said, and she said if we treat our pets well they come back to us as angels to guide us into heaven. I thought why not write a play about it. So I did, and now I get to help put it on the stage. I am really excited to see it put together. I am really glad to get back into the process of a production. It has been too long due to Covid, but I am ready to get back and create some art. Not only that, I get to experience it with some pretty talented and wonderful people. Let's make some art :)


No comments:

Post a Comment