Pages

Friday, April 30, 2021

A Helping Hand: Raising the Emotional Stakes

Yesterday we had our first in-person blocking rehearsal and I think it's safe to say, it was a pretty damn good first go. I don't even know how to get technical on this post simply because of how emotionally driven and satisfied I am after last night- it truly goes to show how things can drastically change once you get in and interact with the space. 
I've been doing theatre for a bit and I don't think I've ever experienced a cast and director that have been so willing to become emotionally connected and push themselves right off the bat. Normally as I've witnessed most of that emotionality doesn't fully begins to click until more props and costumes are in place to build the world- yet Nich, Lane, and Josh have built such an intense moment in the world with just the papers in their hands and it's mind blowing. Nich has really pushed the actors to find ways to connect or explore the different tones and dynamics of the characters while keeping a safe and accepting space, and their reception to these notes and their abilities to go even deeper and push themselves somewhere new each go is truly beautiful.
It's always fun at first rehearsals to see the cogs begin to turn in everyone's thought process and they were CHURNING last night. Josh and Lane have come for our hearts... any they're definitely succeeding as at one point or another in rehearsal we were all crying. I'm still so touched and grateful to be a part of this experience and we're not even half-way through! That's so insane to me! I can't wait to cry some more. 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment