Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Guardian: Showtime!

After a term of work and wait, we've done it: we've preformed The Guardian. There's a part of me that still doesn't quite realized that we've finally done it. All this work finally came together to make the show come to life in front of an audience of theatre goers. It's wild to think about how just a few  months ago, I wasn't even sure if I would be able to submit a script in to this festival. Now, I've got my name in a program along with a wonderful cast and crew that all helped to make this play happen.

It's significantly more stressful to watch the actual performances over the tech rehearsals. When something goes wrong in a tech, we can reset and just fix the issue. If something goes wrong in a live show, everyone just has to roll with it and hope the problem either doesn't make too much difficulty or doesn't halt the show. Thankfully, nothing really went wrong during the show.

The lightening was different from what I remembered during tech. I'm assuming someone talked with Nate and made some changes between the last dress rehearsal and now. The fire was much dimmer and the general area lighting was brighter; I'm not sure I liked it much over the old lighting, but that's not really up to me now since we're in the show. We lost the big shadows, but things can be articulated better so it's probably better for the audience who isn't used to seeing this performance.

It still can't believe we've gotten here. A few month ago I was just messing around with an idea that I wasn't sure if I would go with for a play, and now I get to sit in an audience and watch with them as the words I wrote come to life in the actors and ambience. It's such a unique experience and I don't know if I'll ever get to have an opportunity to do something like this again. It's been such a crazy ride, and I'm sad it's almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment