Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Auditions Week! Sasquatch Play


This week, I worked with my lovely director Amy to cast our play Sasquatch. Being involved in the casting decisions was such an incredible process. As an actor myself, it was very rewarding to be on the opposite side of an audition. It helped me to understand what a casting agent/director/writer is looking for with casting. It was very important for Amy and I to cast actors that were able to portray the unique traits that each individual brings to the play. It was also important for the actors to have good chemistry with one another, since they are playing family. I am feeling really good about the decisions we made with each character, and I am looking forward to working with these talented actors. So far, this process has really helped me to gain confidence with my writing abilities. It was so rewarding to see actors read and perform the words that I wrote. Each actor brought something different to the same dialogue, and it left me feeling really inspired. I feel confident that I will be able to make any necessary changes to this play as we go forward with rehearsal. Overall, I am feeling very excited to get started with rehearsals and get to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment