Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Jumper

The Jumper, played by Evan Granquist

I first worked with Evan on Inherit the Wind and found that he had a quirky sense of humor and an astonishing amount of control over his lanky limbs. When watching him audition, I saw an opportunity to use that to my advantage, as a core concept of my show was After School Special level of over acting. I never really had to change much of what he came up with. The only thing that I had work with Evan on was sussing out more of the same. He had great ideas and his comedic timing with Connor was excellent. Aside from a few acting fundamentals that were easy fixes, working with Evan was a dream and a wonderful experience.

Evan's final version of the Jumper was someone that came across as despondent in the first half of the show, and an attention hungry pill in the second half. A great amount of development in 7 pages, and I'm proud of the work he did. I would recommend Evan to anyone that was looking for someone who could make big choices and could be fearless in his decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment