Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Good Samaritan

The Good Samaritan, played by Connor Daliposon.

This was my first time working with Connor, but not my first time ever having seen him act. I did speech and debate in high school, and competed in the same circuit as he. And he always beat me whenever we went head to head. I'm glad I'm not that petty of a person, and I'm more glad that I was able to put my ego aside and cast Connor to be The Good Samaritan. The level of eagerness to try new things and push the limits of my vision was astounding, and I think that he definitely had a hand in pushing my concept as far as it went.

After the show, Connor had mentioned to me that it was his first time onstage since he was 7. I was in disbelief. However, it was true. I'm glad that he has another year here at Oregon State, because if he decides to stick around the theatre department, any show and any director is going to lucky to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment