Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

The Courier: Scheduling Solutions

Hi there everyone,

Last Sunday we had our first rehearsal. Since then we have had 2 more rehearsals with not everyone being called. This is because the most difficult thing I've had to work around so far has been scheduling. I've worked around it by splitting the script into scenes and monologues, which at most have 3 characters on the stage at one time with minor exceptions. This has actually been helpful since it allowed me to focus in even more on the individual actors.

I know this has been an issue for many of the One Act directors so hopefully they've been able to find a work-around similar to mine, especially since I think this work-around has been quite beneficial.

By the time we need to be doing run-thrus, 1984 will be in the performance stage which means I won't have rehearsal. This works out because I can use 6:00 - 8:00 time slots in the lab to work with my cast.

Stay tuned for more.

- Lindsey Esch

No comments:

Post a Comment