Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Closing matinee for Cake Top Follies
Today's show was so much fun to watch! Victoria and Katherine had so much energy and they were really feeling their "sister" relationship. The audience was having so much fun watching them and so was I. It's hard to believe that I don't have to go to the theatre every night this week. This show has been the biggest part of my life this past term and my cast and I have worked so hard to everything this weekend and now it's over. I'm so happy and proud of how it turned out and I'm humbled by all of the amazing feedback, criticism and compliments I've received about this production. Victoria and Katherine worked so hard and have grown so much from our first read through to the closing performance. There were definitely times when I was stressed out, annoyed and feeling like this show wasn't moving forward. I kept pushing my actors and they pushed back. There were times I laughed so hard I cried. Each moment working towards opening night was worth it. I'm going to miss working with them and with my fellow directors. I always hate shows closing and never being able to have a piece of them again, but that also is what makes theatre so special. This will be a great memory that I'll never forget. It's goodbye to this show and on to the next project. I've fallen in love with directing this term and I want to continue with a career in acting AND directing. This was the best way to end my senior year at OSU. And I'll never be able to look at cake the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment