Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

A Thank You


From the moment that this who thing started several months ago I was skeptical. I have been far busier than I have ever been in my life. Everything has had some bit of stress attached to it. This show has been something that brought along a large amount of stress but all for the right reasons. Never was the stress about not being able to do this or that, or worrying about my actors. It was always on whether or not the audience was going to like the show, or even if I was going to like the show when it was all said and done.

Here we are on the other side. The play is over and we're all still standing. That would not have been possible without the help from so many different people and to each of them, thanks are in order. First and foremost are my actors, Ben Lawrence, Isaac Meisenheimer and Hannah Fretz. Without them this show does not exist. They have worked through my inability to direct and have created something that I believe we can all be proud of. 

Next, I would love to thank Ruth Drake and Emily Upton for all of the magic that they do. These two have brought the characters to life in a spectacular way. From the ridiculous earring and billowing short that Ben wore, to the flowers and amazing makeup designs for both Isaac and Hannah. No matter how stupid or ridiculous my requests were, these two managed to make everything work.

Finally I would like to thank my fellow directors. You are all amazing and without all of you, this term would have been unbearable. We've all shared our directorial woes over drinks and good company. We've all gotten up at an inhumane hour of the morning to hike through forests and jump over tide pools. I couldn't have asked for better group of directors to do this with. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment