Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

FFDG Round 2

Hey Everybody,

I am very excited about the progress that has been made thus far. We have four wonderful actors who are really bringing the script to life in very cool and funny way. Blocking and scene structure have been the main point of focus lately. As some one who knows very little about the process, I feel that the rehearsals have been educational to say the least. It is also a lot of fun to see the words you have written transform into three dimensional characters in a real space/setting. Alex (The Director) is doing a really good job of organizing everyone and explaining the scenes through blocking. The actors have also brought in a lot of good feedback about the script. In rehearsals there have been many great ideas involving various ways to emphasize different lines or gags with either blocking or vocal inflection. It is really nice to work with creative people who enjoy doing this type of thing and really seem to get the comedic style of the play. To be honest, when I wrote this play last term for my final assignment in the Playwriting Class I didn't think that anyone else would get my weird and border line absurd humor. Thanks to Alex and the rest of the cast I think by the time "Future, Future, Dear God!" is performed it will be very funny and enjoyable for all.
The best part about this class and this experience so far has been meeting and working with people who are excited and passionate about being creative. This is my last term here at OSU and I can honestly say that in the years I have been here I have never done anything quite like this. It has been a ton of fun so far and I am really looking forward to the weeks ahead!
  
 Cheers,

-Mike
 

No comments:

Post a Comment