Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

OMG TECH WEEK!!!

Howdy folks, I haven't posted yet, and since we're about to open on Wednesday, I thought I might want to say hi.

As we're gearing up for the first run through of the entire one act show, all of us, director and writer, are getting excited to see our hard work and effort come to fruition. As the writer of Hint, I'm so excited to see a story that I've been working on since November come to life. It's an odd feeling to see people interpret my text. Its not something I've ever had before, and to have people share the concept that I had, borne from my dome, is uniquely exhilarating.

Hint has been a joy to work with. Even with the repetition of rehearsals, I still find myself laughing at the actors with their deliveries. I've also discovered that I do have a favorite character in the show. SeƱor Silver, for the most part, has single word lines. But Alejando Henriques delivers his line with more emotion than I thought possible, that for the most part, I laugh every time. Don't worry, he'll get his chance to speak a bit more during the play, but his largest role is with one word.

I'm also thrilled to be working with my director, Addie McDermond. I've been in classes with her before, but I've never had any one-on-one time with her, and it's been a blast. She understands my intention with the text, and adds more dynamic imagery than I ever could. She's embraced it as her project and she has been wonderful to bounce around ideas with.

Also, this is a fun post because it's literally during the tech rehearsal. It's like live blogging! Hot dog! And I've been asked to include people in this post, so Alex Johnston, director of the play Behind Bars, had this to say: "Quote me! Quote me!" I hope this makes you want to see the show even more.

There's madness as we're setting up everything, running cues and setting props. Cats and dogs, living together, mass hysteria! Someone dropped a box, but everything was alright. No injuries, yet. But there's a lot of love in this room. Crazy love.

It's fun to see all the actors from each play gathered together in the same room. Its the first time they've all been able to mingle together. The actors are working very hard moving all the set pieces and learning how to set-up and strike the sets. (Applause)

So the play is coming together. It's the first time we've been able to run the whole bit, act by act, and it's fun to see something so fragmented get put into it's appropriate place, like a live-action puzzle.

Come see the full product on opening night. It's going to be a huge blast.

One love.
Colin Fant

No comments:

Post a Comment