Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

The Play with the Stuffed Animal in it: Blocking, Teddy Bears, and Writing, Oh My!

Things are starting to pick up in regards to rehearsals!
After trading in my writer coat for my stage manager vest.

Which is exiting

But it is a strange transition.

Instead of the normal playwright relationship where we drop off a script and let it be free-I end up spending a lot of time re-working it. 

Which is great

But sometimes there is a lot of doubt that stems from staring at the same piece of work for a while. I worry that maybe my words don't reach the way I need them to, or that my characters don't possess enough agency, or even that in the end I just...didn't do enough.

Yet, every time I walk into a rehearsal or talk to my director, those doubts fall away. Watching these characters I've created come to life on the stage does do great things to my neurotic writer brain.  Watching the cast have fun with their lines and blocking really brightens the week.

Okay, I'm getting sappy.

Just be ready for more to come! More exciting things coming to you from the people working on the Spring One Act Festival.






No comments:

Post a Comment