Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

Fetch! - Rehearsals Begin

 Although I wasn't able to make it to the first read through, I received a bunch of texts from people saying they were excited to see how the play turned out. Lorna did an amazing job in casting the show, and I was very pumped to see them read through the play, and I am still really looking forward to seeing how the blocking and filming come together. 

Our first rehearsal on zoom seemed to go really well! As Lorna worked with the actors through characterization, my heart was just so happy because the world that I created in my mind coming together. There were some fun conversations about vocal choices, the personalities of different dogs, and their physicality. We're still playing with the idea of the actors being on all fours, which as an actor seems pretty difficult but I really think it will help bring the show together. 

It was also really fun to start pulling out different set pieces to be using. Just seeing the picture come together in general is really neat. Last term I wrote a play, but after submitting the final version that was the end of my part in the process. Now with this show, still being involved in the process as a bit of an Assistant Stage Manager, I get to see this little garden grow. I am slowly but surely learning how exactly to approach this job, but I'm just glad to be able to see all the rehearsals and help out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment