Pages

Friday, April 16, 2021

Casting With A Stuffed Animal In It

Hello everyone! 

    It has been a very eventful week with auditions being due last Sunday to getting through the full production read through last night! We have officially cast the shows!! 
    After watching all the auditions and much deliberation, we were able to cast the entire Spring One Acts 2021 on Monday and release the cast list soon after! I am so excited to be working with Kane Sweeney as Paedon/Man and Abby Oliver as Rue in The Play With the Stuffed Animal In It! 
    Last night, we had the read through (over zoom) with all the other productions. It was so nice to finally hear the lines from the individuals who will be playing these characters and I can’t wait to see how the progress from here! As we went through each show, you could tell that everyone was so happy to be there and loved what they were seeing. I especially loved seeing the reactions to some of the moments through out the different scripts from the casts who hadn't read/didn't know what the other one acts were about. 
    After we read the scripts, we were out into break out rooms and given the chance to chat with the casts individually where I was able to schedule our first rehearsal and the expectations of what I had for it. Since next week will be on zoom as well, I thought it was easiest to wait on covering some things until the first rehearsal so we were all fresh brained and could really dive in. 
    After sharing the concept presentations and now getting through this week, I feel much more confident every day in this show and what I am striving to achieve in the world of the play. We now have schedules being solidified and continue to progress forward in this project. 
    I am so grateful to be a part of this production. I want to do my best and bring mine and AB's vision to life through this production and make it the best it can be. 

Onward and upward! 

Hannah Schwartz 

No comments:

Post a Comment