Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Happy Face: Put on Your Best Face

This Sunday and Monday were finally the auditions for the One Acts! Lucky for me, I managed to get the flu between my last post and auditions. I woke up Sunday morning with a 102 degree fever. Thankfully though, my family was in town and able to take care of me and help get medicine, enough so that I was well enough (if not sitting as far from people as I could) to attend the auditions that evening. And I am very glad I did.

This was my first time ever being on the other side of the audition table and what a difference it is! It was such a whirlwind. On the one hand, it was kind of freeing not having to worry about what people thought of me or how I was doing, but on the other I had to make sure that I was always paying the most attention to everyone, no matter if they were reading from my sides because there could be something they're doing in a different scene that I might like/need.

We have since casted each of our One Acts and I sent my cast of four an email last night regarding our first read-through and rehearsals moving forward.

I am so excited to start working with my cast, beginning blocking, and bringing Cole's baby to life!

I'll be posting next week about our Concept Presentations to all of our designers with images and ideas I have strung together for the show.

Here's to the ride!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment