Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

The Courier: Closing

Hi there everyone,

The 2018 Spring One-Act Festival closed last Sunday with a wonderful afternoon performance. The energy that the actors brought today was filled with confidence and determination - they knew what they were doing and were excited to show it to an audience one last time. Overall, all the shows were fun to watch since they each grew and changed dramatically throughout the process.

Most importantly, thank you. Thank you to the cast, crew, co-directors, and my mentor, Liz, for giving me this opportunity as well as making it an unforgettable learning experience. My passion for directing has significantly increased throughout this process and I cannot wait to see what the future holds.

To my cast: you all did an exceptional job and made this experience so overwhelmingly positive due to your passion and dedication to this piece, your characters, and my vision. I cannot thank you enough for how much your hard work has meant to me.

It was amazing to watch each of my actors grow significantly from the beginning of this process to the end - finally settling into their characters in front of a sold-out theater multiple times. The energy they brought was so unique and intense that it was upsetting to watch at times and the audience felt similarly. It is also shocking to know that I played a part in that growth. I can only hope that they each learned something from me that they can take with them, the way I learned how to better navigate the directing process from them.

Seeing my vision come to life was something that I will never forget. Watching the production opening night was thrilling since I was finally able to see the piece for the first time all over again. I could see what it looked like as a whole and it was incredibly distinct. The lighting, costumes, characters, and story, all came together to bring my concept of Fragmented Freedom to life and it was so unique in its finished state. Liz definitely assisted with some direction and final touches that aided significantly to my vision as well, so I am unbelievable grateful for her guidance. By the time closing came around, the concept only got stronger and I was often stunned by the weight of the story being told on the stage.

Overall, this has been an exceptional experience and we created a lovely piece that I will always be proud of. Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the production process or came to see the shows.

Stay tuned for the next directing experience...

- Lindsey Esch

No comments:

Post a Comment