Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

The Show Must Go On: The Two Minds of Mr. Coffan

It is our last day of tech and I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, this show is really shaping up!" and maybe that was the first problem. I get a text from my leading lady saying that she is too sick to come in. What am I suppose to do? It is my last rehearsal and tomorrow the show opens. EEEeeek! After telling Liz, my dilemma, she volunteers herself for the role of Adair. Now, if there is anything that I have learned it's that you have to keep up to date on your blocking in case this happens. I can't say that I did this for myself and, having a stage manager who was out sick for the last week, didn't help our case. Thankfully, my actors helped fill in the blanks where I fell short and we were able to watch a new production of The Two Minds of Mr. Coffan featuring Liz Helman. Once it came to performance day, I am glad to say that Amy was feeling better and we went on to have a great first performance. As the saying goes - the show must go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment