Pages

Friday, May 26, 2017

The Skinner draws near

It's been a while since I've written one of these, and since I've written the last one, there's been some major progress made on SKINNER. As a credit to the cast, and to Brian, I'm laughing more at the script now than I was when I was first drafting the jokes, back when the jokes were still fresh. I really have to applaud all of them for being so willing to dive into this ridiculous little world that I created and shared with them. There have been several instances of me walking into rehearsal early, or showing up to a class in the lab early and finding the cast, or some of the cast, hard at work on the blocking physicality that the show calls for.

There's a sense of friendly competition going on between all the casts, and I feel like that's doing wonders for driving them to be the best in the show (and my cast is totally winning). Speaking of the show, it opens next Thursday (June 1st!) at 730 PM in the lab theater. Never in a million years did I think that something I wrote would be produced. Even after a few months of knowing and watching it come together, that surreal feeling has yet to go away, and I don't think it will for a while. I'm really proud of myself for creating something that's being brought to life, but I'm even more proud of Brian, Isaac, Pam, Lindsey, Alessandra, and Robert for taking that and giving it life and dimension that I didn't know it had. Hope to see you at the show! Don't let the Skinner get you!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment