Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

Introduction: The Two Minds of Mr. Coffan

Hello all!

I'm Sedona Garcia and I would like to use this post as a way to introduce myself as well as my play. I am a senior here at Oregon State majoring in Theatre and a minor in History. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Oh, what do you want to do with that?" or "What are you plans after graduation?" In the short term, I'm looking into internships to further my studies in theatre and prepare myself for auditioning for grad school. In the long term, I am looking forward to having a career teaching my love of the liberal arts to future generations in either high school or college.
 If you have attended any OSU shows in the last few years, then you have probably seen my work in some capacity. You may have seen me as Benvolia in Romeo and Juliet or Gertrude in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. Additionally, I have been a stage manaeger for both James and the Giant Peach as well as our student show Boom!. When I have spare time, I enjoy playing or writing music, working on diy projects, listening to books and belting in my car. I consider myself blessed by having the opportunity to direct in the One Act Festival once more.


 The show that I will be directing is titled The Two Minds of Mr. Coffan written by our very own Hannah Fretz (I highly recommend checking out her blog to get more insight into our show!) the plot is that George is writing a story, and a bad one at that, when his heroine, Adair, comes to life. Through their witty and playful exchanges George is able discover that he doesn't need to write like his heroes, but instead, like himself.
The concept that I have envisioned  for this play is that it should make the audience feel like they are trapped in a bad...and I mean BAD romance novel. I envision the kind that is attempting to be a styled in the regency era, but is researched strictly from costume dramas. My goal for the play is for everything to be big from over the top British accents to ridiculously flowing costumes and large gestures.

I am looking forward to seeing what auditions will bring this Sunday and Monday and can't wait to start the process.

Until next time,

Sedona




No comments:

Post a Comment