Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

News from La Vie en Rose

La Vie en Rose is coming together very well and we are right on schedule to premiere another wonderful student work at this year's One Acts.  I'm proud to say that I have found my second wind and am enthusiastic and excited to devote more time and energy to Rose now that my obligations to the production of The Misanthrope are over.  The Misanthrope was a fantastic show and I am so grateful to have been a part of it, but now that it is over I can focus on bringing La Vie en Rose to life.

Today's rehearsal was our first where all the actors were off book.  It was so different and so much more compelling to see the actors work without their scripts in their hands.  I feel that I am really seeing them bring their characters together and that the notes I am giving them are really sinking in and having an effect.  I am proud of the hard work and patience of my actors and happy with all the progress they have made.  Now that the technical aspects of the show are being completed, the tone and soul of the play can finally be made clear.  Seeing the work being done today made me happy that I am directing this play and have this opportunity.

Unfortunately though, some bad luck has struck our production.  One of our actors broke his ankle last week and will no longer be performing in Rose.  I am currently looking for a replacement, but if one isn't found by the end of the week I am allowing the playwright, Ricky, to fill the vacant shoes of our fallen actor, who I hope will get well soon.  The good news is though, the actor with the broken ankle will still be performing in the other one act he was cast in, Future, Future...Dear God which I am very excited to see.  It is very frustrating that I have to recast an actor, but accidents happen and this is a part of being the director.  Another thing has been added to my to do list for this production that's all.  A big thing, yes, but they're all big things when you're in charge.   

 


No comments:

Post a Comment